Skip to main content

Sleep Deprivation

     So...I haven't been keeping up with this blog lately because this Mamma Bat is tired! Baby boy has decided to change his sleep schedule, despite me getting him into a good bed time routine. Now he wakes up several times a night, very hungry, (growth spurt again I'm assuming) and does not want to go back to sleep in his bed. He wants to be held. He will stay asleep when held. Which is great, except for the fact that this tired body that is in much need of a professional full body massage, hurts. I can hold him for only so long before I lose feeling in my hands and arms. I have many nights of stiff neck and aching back, the battle wounds of motherhood.

     Yesterday was a particularly trying day. I was very sleep deprived and on the verge of tears as I held my son, attempting to feed him without giving him a face full of formula, as my husband went off to work. Draygen did not want to return to sleepy land (mom did!). So I filled myself with coffee and begrudgingly started the day. In a couple hours, I had one of those happy moments where I made a pit stop and upon return, found baby asleep in bed! Yes! But...alas, that only lasted about 15 minutes...and it was like that...ALL day. Short little naps, the longest being 30 minutes where I caught a few short glorious zzz's.  Draygen was fussy most of the day and I tried my best to have a good attitude (he's lucky he's so darn cute!).So here I am, now the next day at 5:25 am, the sun will be up soon, and as I look at my little boy, not in his bed, sleeping though, in his little rocker chair, I try to remember that it's all worth it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep Training...the Necessary Evil?

So by the time you are a parent or maybe even while you are expecting, you have heard the term "sleep training" thrown around. If you look it up, you will find all kinds of advice on helping your baby to learn to fall asleep on his/her own, and the methods to do so. You'll probably also find a lot of arguments for and against sleep training. The first time I heard about it was from some friends who where sleep training their daughter. It sounded easy at first, establish a routine, read books and put baby to bed. I thought, yeah that's something we could try when the time comes and I back burner-ed it for the time being, only to forget about it when Draygen became of sleep training age. I go to Care Net to learn about child development from my mentor. We watch videos and one video we happened to watch (when my Husband attended the appointment with me) was on sleep training. Despite the fact that this video was incredibly dated, it did have some good advice on getti...

Full Time Mommy

      Whoever said being a stay at home mom is a full time job, is SO correct.       You are on 24-7 and though people always say, "Take a break!"        or tell you to get some rest, it's darn near impossible to do! I'd do anything for this face!      Yesterday was a particularly difficult day for Draygen. 6 months old, I am learning has its ups and downs. The Ups: New discoveries, better coordination, eating, sitting up, more laughing and talking to name a few. Downs: Teething, higher sensitivity to shots, fighting sleep, and overall just being a big cranky butt!  So yesterday I was at the hospital for an appointment for my mom. Draygen and I had a long wait and he began to grow weary and cranky. He is usually pretty laid back and well behaved out in public and spends a lot of time just being chill or sleeping in the stroller. Even though I let him get out and such, nothing was calming him or maki...

Being A New Parent Equals Identity Theft?!

I miss this girl... Who knew that a little person who entered our lives 8 months and 9 days ago would also be a thief?! Not only has he stole our hearts but he has stolen or identity!  Please don't think I'm being cruel when I say this. It's partially in jest but also somewhat true, per the situation of new parents. I have not been feeling myself ever since Draygen was born, more so over the past few months, it's just gotten worse. There are days when I just don't care what the hell I look like when I get out of bed and minimal effort is put in after showering. I used to care more, I mean, I still do, but now it's like, what's the point?! I rarely go out, except the store and church and the rest of the time I'm home. I can't be creative with my hair because baby's always pulling it, so up it goes, can't wear jewelry cause he'll pull at that too, not EVEN gonna risk dangly earrings and clothes, well, might as well be comfy if I...