Skip to main content

The Good Stuff

By my last post, you may be thinking, "Gee does she enjoy being a mom at all?!" Yes, I do. There are so many good things that tip the scales for me when I'm feeling down and tired. I can't resist that little face, those cheeks, the little "o" shape he makes with his lips, those eyes, and that smile that melts my heart! Not to mention the little giggle and leg kicks. It's also so fun to watch Draygen discovering and learning. He's just now started grabbing things and holding onto them, (sometimes my hair, ouch!) and it's exciting to see him engaged in things.  It amazes me to watch him being in awe of the world around him.

About ready to smile


We take the bus a lot, and it used to be that the bus ride would put him to sleep and he'd sleep most of the time we are out, but the past few weeks he's been really awake and aware and he get's this funny wide eyed look like ''What's going on?!"

Just seeing him laugh and smile is a joy to my heart! Now he's grabbing onto toys and holding them, it's fun to see him do that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleep Training...the Necessary Evil?

So by the time you are a parent or maybe even while you are expecting, you have heard the term "sleep training" thrown around. If you look it up, you will find all kinds of advice on helping your baby to learn to fall asleep on his/her own, and the methods to do so. You'll probably also find a lot of arguments for and against sleep training. The first time I heard about it was from some friends who where sleep training their daughter. It sounded easy at first, establish a routine, read books and put baby to bed. I thought, yeah that's something we could try when the time comes and I back burner-ed it for the time being, only to forget about it when Draygen became of sleep training age. I go to Care Net to learn about child development from my mentor. We watch videos and one video we happened to watch (when my Husband attended the appointment with me) was on sleep training. Despite the fact that this video was incredibly dated, it did have some good advice on getti...

Full Time Mommy

      Whoever said being a stay at home mom is a full time job, is SO correct.       You are on 24-7 and though people always say, "Take a break!"        or tell you to get some rest, it's darn near impossible to do! I'd do anything for this face!      Yesterday was a particularly difficult day for Draygen. 6 months old, I am learning has its ups and downs. The Ups: New discoveries, better coordination, eating, sitting up, more laughing and talking to name a few. Downs: Teething, higher sensitivity to shots, fighting sleep, and overall just being a big cranky butt!  So yesterday I was at the hospital for an appointment for my mom. Draygen and I had a long wait and he began to grow weary and cranky. He is usually pretty laid back and well behaved out in public and spends a lot of time just being chill or sleeping in the stroller. Even though I let him get out and such, nothing was calming him or maki...

Being A New Parent Equals Identity Theft?!

I miss this girl... Who knew that a little person who entered our lives 8 months and 9 days ago would also be a thief?! Not only has he stole our hearts but he has stolen or identity!  Please don't think I'm being cruel when I say this. It's partially in jest but also somewhat true, per the situation of new parents. I have not been feeling myself ever since Draygen was born, more so over the past few months, it's just gotten worse. There are days when I just don't care what the hell I look like when I get out of bed and minimal effort is put in after showering. I used to care more, I mean, I still do, but now it's like, what's the point?! I rarely go out, except the store and church and the rest of the time I'm home. I can't be creative with my hair because baby's always pulling it, so up it goes, can't wear jewelry cause he'll pull at that too, not EVEN gonna risk dangly earrings and clothes, well, might as well be comfy if I...